Sunday, February 18, 2007

Camp Songs at Quidnunc

White Wings
Little Drop of Dew
Roundup Round
Scarlet Ribbons
Border Trail
Witchcraft
I'm Gonna Sit at the Welcome Table
Eppo
Dem Bones
No Man is an Island
Say When
Happy Wanderer
Up in the Air Junior Birdsmen
The Owlet
Braves
Spider's Web
Blue Walkin'
Remember
Magic Melody
I'm a Little Hunk of Tin
Lonesome Valley
The Donut Song
Mandy (was a little Bahama Girl)
The Silver Moon is Shining
The Border Trail
Dickey Bird
Sarasponda
High Silk Hat
Where Have All the Flowers Gone
Let there Be Peace on Earth
Flea
Green Trees
Campfire's Burning
Baby Duck
Tell Me Why
Taps
Barges
Once an Austrian Went Yodeling
Grey Squirrel
Lion Hunt
Each Campfire Lights Aneww
Linger
Flicker
Green Grow the Rushes O
Today
Music Alone Shall Live
The Ash Grove
Donkey Riding
Canoe Song (My Paddle's Keen and Bright)
Peace of the River
Our Chalet Song
Rise Up O Flame
Make New Friends
Rise and Shine
Walk Shepherdess Walk
Bed is too Small
Little Rabbit Foo Foo
Have Fun
All Night, All Day
Circle Game
I Love the Mountains
Land of the Silver Birch
Swinging Along
Buddies and Pals
Animal Fair
On My Honor
The Other Day I Met a Bear
Land of the Silver Birch
White Coral Bells

A Boy and a Girl in a Little Canoe
Ally Ally Oxen Free
Say When
Fried Ham

Graces
Johnny Appleseed
Back of the Bread
'Neath These Tall Green Trees
Wayfarer's Grace
Blue Grace
Hark to the Chimes


Any other suggestions?

10 comments:

  1. i can't email you so but if you would like the pictures my email is rjoy59@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anyway we can get lyrics to all those songs? I'd be willing to jot down what I remember. Anyone else?

    Lisa Ellex
    Quid '64 - '71

    ReplyDelete
  3. The song "Barges" is missing from the song list. Barges was the banquet theme I believe in 1971. I remember working at the DD on the decorations for the banquet and spending many a warm humid night covered in paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barges is now on the list, and there are links in the song list to lyric pages. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More songs for list:
    White Wings
    Little Drop of Dew
    Roundup Round

    Graces:
    Wayfarers Grace
    Blue Grace
    Hark to the Chimes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane,

    There is another song missing. Something about boatmen and it's not barges.

    The chorus went something like

    Oh, oh the boatmen go
    Up and down the river when it's nice and slow.

    The reason I remember this is because one year when I was there, each unit was challenged to come up with a song about Quidnunc to sing at campfire and one of the units used that song. I don't remember the original words, but they had changed it to:

    Quidnunc is the place to be
    If you are a girl like me
    Lots of swimming, boating too
    Always something fun to do.

    Q-U-I-D-N-U-NC!

    Carol Smith 69-72

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember one you may have forgotten....
    "MY Grandfathers Clock"

    Shorty 58-62

    ReplyDelete
  8. More:

    A Girl so Gay (she ran away) ...we sang that at least once a day

    Camp Quidnunc, hats off to thee...or the naughty version, boots off to thee, ending with 'oy vey, vey is mir, when do we get out of here, home is the place for me... Only sung on really bad days, I'msure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember the Boatmen Song too. It goes something like this:

    Oh, the boatmen laugh, the boatmen sing,
    the boatmen do most anything
    When the boatmen get on the shore, they get a little money & they ask for more.
    Hi, ho, the boatmen go
    Up & down the river on the Ohio (2x)

    there's another verse, but it escapes me at the moment.

    Other songs I remember include
    Baby's Boat,
    A Web Like a Spider's Web,
    The Life of a Voyager
    (the later from KB & Peri, our counselors from Minnesota

    Elyse 64-68

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also: "The Golden Sun." "Little Shepherd Boy." "UNderneath the Spreading Tree'" "Stamp and Dance, "Under the Greenwood Tree," "Donkey Riding," and who knows how many more?!

    ReplyDelete