Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Deni Speaks

Lynn Jeffries, HAW 1965
(Thanks to Denise Maynard)
More new pictures in Quidnunc #2 file
Thanks for putting together the Quidnunc page with photos.
I really got teary eyed when I saw the Double Decker, Waterfront, the camp bridge and Neppies Nook. I remember some of the girls in the photos such as Belle and Saadia; they were with me in Neppies.
In the photo of 2 counselors tying a canoe to the camp truck, the gal in the plaid shirt was my swimming instructor "Flip" in '65.
In the photo of the 4 counselors in their "greenies" the short blonde
is Donna Jeffries as her sister Lynn was one of my previous counselors.

I attended Quidnunc as follows:

1965, Hundred Acre Wood: counselors were Pokey, Kathy, Lynn and someone else
1966: Gypsy Skies, counselors were Kathy, Skipper and Lee
1967: Trails End: counselor were Davey and ???
1968: Neppies Nook: Brenda, ME (Mary Ellen) and Kathy Giffin
1969-70: Caravan: Splint, Inga and "Mouse"
1971: Kitchen Aide living in Hilltop
1972: Counselor in Sleepy Hollow

Ellie was our director for my 1st 2 years, then Smitty and later some other women took over.

Some of my camper friends were: Wendy Crabtree, Robin Fields, Gayle Goldfarb, Lorraine Collazzo, Jody Krissiloff, a girl called "Rex", a girl called "Irving"(Marie Kallmeyer) who packed a trunk of mixed drinks in baby food jars, a girl called "Mushy" and a host of other girls who's faces I can just remember but not their names.

I will try and dig out some photographs over the summer. Please keep me on your mailing list and blog.

If there is a reunion or a pilgrimage to the Quidnunc site, I would definitely be interested. I still reside in the NY metro area.
Thanks for sharing these wonderful memories.

Best regards,
Denise (Deni)






1 comment:

  1. Deni, The other counselor at Trail's end in 1967 was Kay (Katherine Egan). Mushy was Marsha Alexander. Pam Crabtree

    ReplyDelete