Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Vickie Cruse Sengele

Hi! I went to Quidnunc and my mom was a staff member in the 60's. I saw her in one of the staff pics and just emailed it to her. Thank you sooooo much for pulling this together. I'll start looking for pics to scan and share. have talked of going back to Quidnunc for years. We hold so many precious memories of people, activities and songs. It would be a dream come true!

One of my favorite memories was when a young visitor was in the double decker and asked "Is that a pet?" There was a huge snake hanging from the rafters! ANd no, it wasn't a pet! aaauuugh! Such a state of panic!

I have such great memories to share! I'm sure that some of you could clarify them or add your own. Let's post memories one at a time here. That way others can add to them (or correct them if they are fuzzy!)

My absolute most dramatic memory from Camp Quidnunc was when one by one people began to get up during dinner and run to the dining hall rail to throw up. They were vomiting pink koolaid and chicken chunks! I think the whole camp got sick that night. If you weren't actually feeling sick yet, the mere sound of others retching was enough to get you started. I still dream about it every once in awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment